Category Archives: Hair Loss
Hair loss can be a very embarrassing thing, especially if you’re only in your 20’s or 30’s. Nothing is scarier than waking up in the morning to find a pillow or bed filled with your hair. If your hair loss is caused by genetics, then tough luck. However, if other factors are at play, then you can stop it before it gets the better of you.
- Stay away from salt – A diet that is high in fats and salt can affect your kidneys. When your kidney’s functionality is compromised, your body starts to produce acidic blood. Even if hair is considered dead skin cells, the roots still need a healthy blood supply to thrive. With acidic blood, the hair withers, weakens and falls of easily.
- Load up on vitamins – Vitamin deficiency is another cause of hair loss. If you think you’re not getting enough vitamins and minerals from your diet, you can try boosting it with some supplements. Any drugstore variety supplement will do, as long as it’s complete.
- Tone down on hair treatments – People spend thousands of dollars on hair treatments as part of their hair care routines. However, most hair treatments have chemicals in them that weaken the hair’s hold on the scalp. If you must, go for hair treatments that are composed of natural ingredients. Extra virgin olive oil, mango extracts and yoghurt make good hair treatments and don’t contain strong chemicals and toxins.
- Get rid of stress – Stress can make your hormones run wild, leading to hair loss. When you’re stressed, you don’t eat right, sleep right and in general, you don’t take care of your body. This means less nutrients for your hair and less focus on hair care. If you neglect your hair because of stress, it will lead to very inconvenient circumstances.
- Change your form of birth control – Hair loss is especially embarrassing for women, but female hair loss is quite common and one of the most popular reasons is birth control. Certain pills may have a negative effect on you and your hormones and one of its most common side effects is thinning of your hair.
- Hormones Matter – Hormones play a huge part in the vitality of your hair. If you’re pregnant, just reached menopause, experiencing irregular menstrual cycles or experiencing anything that affects the hormones, chances are your hair will suffer for it. Now there’s nothing you can do if you’re pregnant as sometimes it’s a normal part of it, but make sure you ask your doctor what’s normal and what’s not.
- Change your hair products – Some shampoos and conditioners may contain strong chemicals which do not sit well with sensitive hair. If you experience hair loss, try changing hair products. Try shampoos and conditioners made of natural ingredients.
- Comb your hair the proper way – Do not brush your hair directly after bathing; instead, use a wide tooth comb. When brushing your hair, make sure to never force it when it encounters tangles. Help untangle your hair using your fingers gently before brushing it again. Don’t over brush your hair.
- Cleanse you hair – Too much residue from hair products can drag down hair, making it dull, brittle and weak. Twice a month, you may want to cleanse your hair of all the muck from shampoos and conditioners. Buy a clarifying shampoo and use it to cleanse your hair. This is also a good ritual to observe before changing shampoos or conditioners.
- Have a positive outlook on hair loss – When you find your hair suddenly thinning, don’t freak out! This is one of the most common mistakes people make. They go out, try whatever product is there on the market and lose sleep over this problem. By stressing over hair loss, you are actually making the problem bigger. It can be prevented using natural means and all you need to do is to think straight and consider all your options.
While some people may need more help and require the aid of a professional, others need only a few tips and tricks to keep their hair healthy and full. All you have to do is to pinpoint exactly what’s causing your hair loss and combat it with proper diet, adequate sleep and natural hair care methods.
Hair loss is a frustrating experience for many of the millions of people who are affected by it each year. Many of these people are not prepared for the hair loss when it arrives, they may be younger or they may be women. In any case where hair loss is not expected or welcomed, there is a search conducted for hair loss treatments.
1- The most common hair loss treatment for both men and women is the use of Minoxilil, better known as Rogaine. This over-the-counter solution helps to prevent further hair loss. Minoxilil is available in two strengths, a two percent solution as well as a five percent solution. It is safe for men to use either solution strength, with no side effects. However, it is not recommended for women to use the five percent solution; it has not been proven to be more effective for preventing hair loss, but has been associated with birth defects.
2- Another drug option is to use Propecia; this is only available by prescription written by your physician. Propecia, not only prevents future hair loss, but also has been shown to actually re-grow hair over the course of time. This treatment option has been shown to be affective in both men and women.
3- If you choose to use Minoxilil or Procpecia as a hair loss treatment, it is important to realize that both of these solutions need to be applied on a daily basis to remain effective. Even more important, is the need to understand that if the use of the drugs is suspended, they stop working and hair loss will resume.
4- If the use of drugs as a hair loss treatment is not what you are comfortable with, there are other options. While these do not offer treatment for hair loss purse, they do offer concealment. In this scenario, women have more options than men do, the use of hats, scarves even wigs are a great way for women to cover up their hair loss. If you choose a wig, it is important to find a wig maker who is willing to explain the proper way to care for and extend the life of your wig.
5- Hair loss replacement surgery is an option for a great many people. This procedure involves taking hair follicles from the back of the head (where it doesn’t fall out) and replacing them, individually into the hairline at the front of the head. However, this does involve a lengthy recovery period, and hair growth can take up to a year. It may also be necessary to have repeat surgeries as hair continues to fall out, about every two years or so, depending upon your personal situation.
Lossing hair is a part of life that most people do not look forward to. If you have bald family members, you may be especially nervous about waking up one morning to find you pillow covered with hair, or your hair brush with more hairs than your head. If this sounds like something that you worry about, then you might want to learn some hair loss prevention tips.
1- One widely held belief is that the over use of chemicals on the hair can cause hair thinning and eventually hair loss. If you like to enhance the look of your hair through chemical means, but are nervous about future hair loss, it is a good idea to only have this type of work done by a licensed beautitian. Many do-it-yourselfers are too inexperienced to properly perform chemical treatments to their hair, having a tendacncy to over apply the products. If you do color your hair, it is thought best to keep the frequency to a six or eight week minimum.
2- It is important to eat healthy foods and ensure that your body is getting the vitamins and minerals that it needs. Often times the body will show poor health in the hair follicles and finger nails before and actual illness is detected. While it is important to get enough of the right nutrients, it is just as important not to get too much of any one type of vitamin. For example, too much of vitamins A and E, have been linked to hair loss.
3- When and if an illness is detected, it is important to take care of your health needs. If the doctor has prescribed medications, take it. Failure to follow the doctors advise will cause your body to work harder just to stay alive, it won’t have enough energey to keep the hair follicles growing and will eventually lead to hair loss. This is an excellent form of hair loss prevention.
4- The style that you wear your hair can also be a hair loss prevention opportunity. When ever possible, avoid pulling hair into styles that require it to be pulled tight and bound with elastic for long periods of time. While hair accessories have become much more hair friendly during recent years, hairstyle such as tight ponytail, pig tails and cornrows can still do damage to the hair shaft and ultimately to the hair follicle.
5- A way to pamper yourself doubles as a hair loss prevention idea. Using satin or silk pillowcases, is thought to prevent hair loss due to the fact that a silk or satin pillowcase will cause less friction while sleeping than a cotton or flannel pillowcase. This is because the head and the hair slide across the pillow instead of needing to be forcefully pushed across.
6- There is a whole group of old wives’s tales that relate to hair loss prevention. These tips definitely won’t hurt to try, but really don’t do anything to combat the issue of hair loss. For instance, it has been said that standing upside down will increase blood flow to the head and that massaging the scalp or briskly brushing the hair will make the hair stay put and not fall out. This is simply not the case.
7- It is important to remember that even in a healthy person, it is completely normal to lose between 50 and 100 hairs from the head every day. If you feel that your hair loss issues are beyond that norm, speak with your doctor or dermatologist about your concerns. They will be able to determine if the hair loss is due to a medical or age issue, and point you in the right treatment direction.
Hair care is an in general term for parts of hygiene and cosmetology connecting the hair on the human head. Hair care will differ according to one’s hair type and according to a variety of process that can be practical to hair. All hair is not similar; certainly, hair is a sign of human variety.
Baldness or hair loss is typically astonishing only adults require worrying about. Other than in a hardly any cases, adolescence loses their hair, also – and it can be a symbol that something’s leaving on.
Hair loss throughout adolescence can mean a being might be ill or now not consumption right. Some medication or medical treatment, like chemotherapy action for cancer, too reason hair loss. People can even misplace their hair if they dress in a hairstyle that pull on the hair for a extended time, such as braids.
Causes of Hair Loss
• Hormonal change
• Pregnancy, childbirth, and birth manage pill usage
• Nervous behavior
Treatment to Avoid Hair Loss
Emphasize your additional facial features. Plenty of men are using crop to get better their looks. There are a lot of crop in the section and medicine stores that get better your skin. If you contain immense eyes think about receiving your eyelashes tinted. Seek recommendation from a beautician, health specialist or buddy.
Inform your clothing style. High-quality clothes and notice to your look can create you look much younger and more good-looking. Create the most of what hair you do contain. One of the most effectual is to get a high-quality hair cut. Small, crop and style. Consider have a light perm, it can put in volume. Chip it off totally looks huge.
Obtain a hair piece. Cover up a bald region can be the answer. Hair pieces now look enormously sensible. Good ones can be extremely luxurious but last a long time when cared for correctly.
Carry a hat. There are huge hats around – from cool to just simple fashionable.
12 Tips of Hair Care
• Relate coconut oil which has been boiled with little onions. Clean it off with a combination of green gram powder and water exhausted from not poisonous (boiled) rice.
• Apply a combination of almond oil and gooseberry juice with finger tips on the scalp.
• Apply the temperate combination of olive oil, lemon juice and coconut oil. Perform a steam -towel- wrap for 15 minutes and clean the hair with a shampoo.
• Relate a paste of fenugreek and mustard to the scalp.
• Combine Shikakai powder with the water exhausted from the ripe rice and wash the hair with it.
• Squash the foliage of five petal hibiscus flower and get the juice. Clean the hair with this juice.
• Clean hair with tea once in a week.
• Relate besan in the hair and wash it with water exhausted from the cooked rice.
• Immerse a handful of gooseberry in a cup of milk for two hours. Create it as a paste and be relevant in the hair.
• Deep state with curd, beer and egg.
• Mix a little vinegar in temperate water and rinse your hair with this answer. This will add rebound to dull and dead hair.
• Immerse 1 teaspoon fenugreek in curd and keep it for a nighttime. Contain it in the next morning.
Healthy hair care tips for healthy & beautiful hair
Having beautiful hair can significantly boost our confidence and self esteem. A person’s beauty can be defined by his/her hair. As such, proper care for your hair is important to give you healthy, lustrous hair and to prevent hair loss. Below are important healthy hair care tips to follow:
(1) Shampooing – The first step in healthy hair care is shampooing. You should select a natural based shampoo. Natural based shampoo like the Laut hair shampoo is more gentle to the hair and scalp, and used herbal ingredients that have been traditionally proven to prevent hair loss and dandruff. Other shampoos in the market use harsh chemicals that can result in hair loss and dry scalp.
Also, you should not shampoo your hair for more than once in a day. If you can, it is better to shampoo your hair every other day as excessive shampooing can strip the hair of oils, causing it to look dried. Make sure you completely rinse the shampoo off; otherwise, the build-up of residue can clog the pores on the scalp.
After shampooing, you should apply conditioner on the end of the hair to help repair and restore damaged hair.
(2) Brushing – brushing is healthy for your hair and scalp. Brushing spreads the oils from the scalp evenly throughout the hair. Furthermore, brushing can help to promote blood circulation on the scalp.
Since wet hair is weak and prone to breaking, it is recommended to brush your hair when it is dried. After you take a shower, use the tower to squeeze out excess water. You should not use the towel to rub on the hair as it can cause damage to the hair.
(3) Blow dryers – If used incorrectly, the heat from the blow dryer can cause severe damage to the hair. You should use the tower to squeeze out excess water and then allow your hair to air dry first. Only use hair blower if necessary or if you have long hair. When using the hair blower, set it to low or medium heat and keep it away from your hair for about 8 inches.
(4) Eat a balanced diet – A balanced diet is an essential component of healthy hair care. Eat a balanced diet to provide your hair with the right amount of nutrients. You should eat a balanced diet consisting of lots of fruits and vegetables, protein, and fiber. Since hair is primarily made up of protein, your diet should include sufficient protein from food source such as fish, meat, milk, cheese, and soy. Protein will make your hair stronger and prevent hair from breaking. Also, you should drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. If you do not get enough vitamins, minerals from food, you should consider taking supplements. The following vitamins and supplements are considered beneficial for your skin and hair.
(5) Vitamins for healthy hair
- Vitamin A is very good for the skin and the scalp. You can get Vitamin A from eating meat, milk, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, apricots. You can also take supplement, but do no exceed more than 5,000 IU per day.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps maintain the health of the skin and hair. Vitamin C can be found from eating citrus fruits, berries, kiwi, green peppers, broccoli or from taking supplement.
- Vitamin E – Another important antioxidant that enhances circulation on the scalp. Food sources include raw seeds and nuts, beans, and leafy green vegetables. If you take supplement, daily dose of 400 IU is recommended.
- Biotin – Biotin is excellent for promoting the health of nail and hair. Food sources include whole grains, egg yolks, nuts, cauliflower, milk and rice. Since the amount of biotin from food is not sufficient for therapeautic benefits, a daily supplement with dose of 300 – 600 mcg is recommended.
- Minerals – minerals such as iron, zinc, and copper are vital for health of your hair. Food such as seafood, dark green vegetables, nuts, seeds contain ample minerals.
(6) Avoid perming, coloring, or exposure to chlorine – Too much exposure to chemicals is bad for skin as well as hair. When you bathe in contaminated water, you are subjecting your body to harmful and dangerous contaminants and chemicals. The municipal treated water can certainly kill bacteria and other organisms, but it does so with a chlorine compound. The problem is that this chlorine compound, which kills bacteria, can be harmful to your hair and skin. Chlorine can cause dry skin, dry hair, itching, flaking, hair loss, rashes, & premature aging.
A filtered shower can effectively filter out up to 99% of the chlorine and other harmful substances and contaminants such as lead, iron, chloramines while balancing the PH. By using a filtered shower, you will have the following health benefits:
- Your hair color looks better longer since it helps soften the hard water.
- Your hair will regain its bounce and luster and becomes more manageable.
- No more itchy, dry, and flaky skin and scalp.
- Helps prevent hair thinning and hair loss.
You may want to consider replacing your shower head with a filtered shower head. The filtered shower head helps to remove chlorine, lead, iron, harmful contaminants. What you get is clean, fresh water to wash your skin and hair.
(7) Exercise Regularly – Finally, you should exercise regularly to stimulate blood flow to the scalp and help nourish the hair follicle.
By following the above healthy hair care tips, you will soon have healthy, lustrous hair and prevent hair loss and dandruff problems.
SIMPLE HAIR CARE TIPS
Hair is part of the body that can attract anyone’s attention for the first time. So, it was natural for all people, especially women if the hair is always trying to look better. Unfortunately, our hair can not meet our expectations every day to always look beautiful in the eyes. There are many factors that make our hair look dull sometimes, but with regular maintenance annoying things can be avoided.
You need to know there are some important factors that affect the beauty of hair. In fact, the characteristics of a person’s hair depends on several factors, which carried by factors such as heredity. Several genetic factors are responsible for how your hair looks. Not only that, the hormone levels also have the same effect much. And more than that, the environment, particularly air and water also has an effect that is not less important in our hair every day. That is why, every person had a bad day with the annoying hair situation. However, with a little care, you can say goodbye on a bad day with a limp and dull hair. But this is not a permanent thing that happens in one work, you need to do treatment gradually from day to day to get shiny hair.
Here are some tips for hair care:
– Live healthy. If you smoke, you begin to stop this habit. Perform regular exercise, eating foods with balanced nutrition and use relaxation techniques to relieve stress.
– Try to always sleep deeply every night. Manage your stress, because it can cause your sleep disturbed, and no blood circulation smoothly make your hair so dull.
– If you use products hairdressers and cosmetics, avoid products made from alcohol in high concentrations. Do not apply directly hairdressers products in the scalp, it can cover the pores on your head, where it can damage your scalp and your hair.
– If you like to swim, before swimming, wet your hair first with plain water. Swimming pool water is usually mixed with chlorine, which is certainly not good for hair.
– Use a hair dryer with a cold setting. Hot air from the dryers can make hair dry and damaged. Use a hair dryer evenly, rather than constantly in one place. Before using the hair dryer, hair brush wet with a dry towel first, then use a hair dryer to dry the half-dry.
– Use a comb made of wood, is a good material to keep your hair does not easily fall out. Always use a clean comb to comb it wash you with soap or shampoo on a regular basis.
– Choose a shampoo with the best quality. Use trial and error method in selecting shampoo, and select the most appropriate for your hair.